4.4.a Use Office Applications on your cell phone
With Mobile Viewers for Microsoft Office you can use your browser-enabled cell phone to read Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word files in Windows Live and to read PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Excel files in organizations that have installed and configured Microsoft Office Web Apps on their SharePoint site. The Mobile Viewers for Office allow you access the Office Web Apps with your cell phone's browser. You can catch up on a report or review an important presentation while youre on the go even if your phone doesn't have Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 applications.
The following devices provide support for the Mobile Viewers for Office:
- Windows Mobile
- iPhone, iPod Touch
- Nokia S60
- Japan feature phones including docomo, SoftBank and KDDI by au phones
Some of the Mobile Office Viewers are:
1. Microsoft Office Mobile is an office suite by Microsoft for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Mobile Professional, Classic, and Standard editions. It consists of Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, and Outlook Mobile. It is meant to be compatible with desktop versions of the office suite The latest version, Microsoft Office Mobile 2010, was released on October 21, 2010 with the initial launch of Windows Phone 7. Microsoft also released OneNote Mobile for iOS on the App Store on January 18, 2011
2. ThinkFree is another office suite which lets you view, edit and create Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on smartphone powered by Android. It has an inbuilt file browser to make easier for you to locate your file on your Android powered device.
3. Quickoffice is a productivity suite for mobile devices, which allows users to view, create and edit text files, presentations and spreadsheets.It consists of Quickword (a word processor), Quicksheet (a spreadsheet) and QuickPoint (a presentation program). The programs are compatible with Microsoft Office.
4. Documents To Go Premium Edition is an all-in-one solution that provides users with the ability to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments as well as view critical PDF files all on their BlackBerry smart phones. Also included is an easy to use desktop application offering bi-directional file synchronization and providing users with a simple way to transfer and manage important documents.