RF, Microware and Optical Frequency Communications – A Review of Technologies
1. What are radio and Microware frequencies
2. Fiber-optic communications – An introduction
3. Different types of RF and microwave communication networks
4. Frequencies used for communications
5. Free to use (open) frequencies in terrestrial frequencies
6. Frequency Classification for Terrestrial Communication Networks and applications
7. Satellite communication frequency bands and their typical uses
8. Classification of Satellites
9. Satellite transponder frequencies and uses
10. Transmission and receiver (Tx/Rx) chain, in terrestrial communication network
11. Typical end-point power levels used in Tx chain
12. Typical transmission bandwidths achieved using fiber optic communications.
b.Modes of operation
13. Fiber Optic Transmitter(Tx)/Receiver(Rx) Technologies
14. Important fiber optic terms
15. How Fiber Optic networks differ from terrestrial and satellite networks?
16. Human Safety of RF and microwave radiations
17. Advantages of Fiber-optic communications over terrestrial communications.
18. Some prominent manufacturers of terrestrial, satellite, and optical communications equipment
a. Terrestrial Communications Equipment
b. Satellite Communications Equipment
c. Fiber Optic Communications Equipment