Tablet Pcs : Introduction And Components Of Tablet Pcs
1.Introduction to tablet PCs
A tablet personal computer (tablet PC) is a portable personal computer equipped with a touch screen as a primary input device, and running a modified desktop OS such as android or iOS. The term was made popular as a concept in the years 2000 and 2001, but tablet PCs now refer to any tablet-sized (approx. 7" screen size) personal computer regardless of the operating system.
Incidentally, according to dictionary.com, tablet refers to a number of sheets of writing paper, business forms, etc., fastened together at the edge; pad. Tablet personal computers are mainly based on the x86 IBM-PC architecture and are fully functional personal computers, supporting their touch-screen, instead of a traditional display, mouse and keyboard. A stylus is preferred to operate a tablet computer, because operating the typical desktop based OS requires a high precision to select GUI widgets, such as a close window button.
2.Components of a tablet pc
Given below is a diagram of a typical tablet PC. As shown, the components may include the following:
- Home-On pressing this button, the user will be taken to the home screen.
- ON/OFF button-Enables the user to switch on or switch off the tablet.
- Menu-It is typically provides list of applications/settings available
- Speakers, Earphone
- USB, RJ45, TF, and HDMI ports - Usually, not all ports are available on tablet PCs for size and cost considerations. USB and Micro SD/TF are most commonly used.
- Wi-fi - Almost all tablets are equipped with Wi-fi, which enables wireless Internet access.
- Charging port-You can connect battery charger here.