Flash Memory : Brief Overview On Flash
Security is at the forefront of many applications, and several Flash products are now equipped with two 64-bit OTP (one-time pad) protection registers. These one-time programmable registers can be used to increase system security. Intel factories program a unique, unchangeable 64-bit number into the OTP, and the customer as desired can program other 64-bit register. Once programmed, the customer segment can be locked to prevent further reprogramming. The OTP information can be used for manufacturing tractability and/or a small-encrypted security key for system authentication.
1. The attackers relie on the curiosity of the people. The most important tactic is don't plug the unknown flash drives into your computer to see what's on it.
2. Use Different USB flash drives for work and home. This helps in improving data protection.
3. The Usb flash drives with password encrypted is preferrable
4. Be careful where you purchase your USB drives from, as some shady third party manufacturers are known to manufacture these devices with malware on them. Always buy your flash drives from reputable, well known manufacturers as well as sellers.
5. Update your system once in a while. Updates are one of the best way to keep your system secure.
6. Install anti malware software and try not to connect your internet for unknown networks.