Concept of routing policy
Default routing policies
Import and export policies
Routing policy flow
Effect of policies on routes and routing tables
Policy structure and terms
Policy match criteria, match types, and actions
Firewall filter concepts
Filter structure and terms
Filter match criteria and actions
Effect of filters on packets
Unicast reverse-path-forwarding (RPF)
To configure routing policies and firewall filters on a Junos device: A rough sketch of routing policy implementation.
1. Access the Junos CLI either via console, Telnet, or SSH.
2. Configure the routing policy by using the "set policy-options" command and specify the match conditions, then the actions to be taken if the conditions are met.
3. Configure the firewall filter by using the "set firewall family" command and specify the match conditions, then the actions to be taken if the conditions are met.
4. Apply the routing policy and firewall filter to the appropriate interfaces.
5. Verify the configuration by using the "show configuration" command to display the configuration and "show interfaces" command to display the packet flow.
6. Monitor the performance of the routing policies and firewall filters by using the "show route" and "show firewall" commands.
Note: The specific commands and options may vary based on the version of Junos OS and the device model.