7. Smart antenna and Mesh Topology: The use of smart antenna in WiMAX network offering high quality widest array, which enable you to make possible communication on long route without any encryption. It offers 2.3, 2.7, and 3.3, 3.8GHz frequency ranges. The use of Mesh topology in WiMAX network for the expansion is an extensive spectrum of antennas for commercial as well as for residential users
8. Ultra wide Band: The unique and excellent infrastructure of WiMAX is offering Ultra-Wideband. Its exclusive design is providing range from 2 to 10 GHz and outstanding time response.
9. Homeland Security: Security options of WiMAX Technology also offer very high security because of encryption system used by WiMAX. The WiMAX is providing exclusive homeland security. Now you can exchange your data on whole network without any fear of losing data.
10. Lack of history: WiMAX vendor technology has lack of history within mobile industry for protection. WiMAX push the existing technologies and forward on steady stream. Only WiMAX technology offers first major mobile standard to all mobile broadband infrastructures. It is a foremost mobile transporter. WiMAX technology support both wireless and wired network including cable operator which are now successful due to core networks of WiMAX.
1. Lack of Quality: The WiMAX network has lack of quality service because there are hundreds of people trying to get access at the same tower so due to heavy traffic it is very hard to maintain high quality.
2. WiMAX range: The other disadvantage of WiMAX network is range. As WiMAX offer 70Mbps in range with moving station but in practice it is quite different because it is possible only in specify or ideal circumstances. If a user staying away from the specified environment then speed can drop considerably.
3. WiMAX Bandwidth: Like other network Bandwidth is collective amongst clients in a specified zone. But if there are a lot of users in one area the speed decreases which may be 2 to 10 Mbps of shared bandwidth.
4. Installation and operational cost: Due to heavy structure, tower, antennas etc makes the WiMAX network collectively high cost network.
5. Bad Weather: The quality of services decreases in rainy season because the weather condition could interrupt the signal, which may cause of bad signal and broadcasting may be stop or interrupted.
6. Wireless equipments: If you are trying to use much wireless equipment at a time within WiMAX network then these equipments may cause of interference and could interfere your broadcasting data or face some compromised speed.
7. Power consuming: WiMAX network is very heavy in structure therefore need much electrical support for running the network.