Routing Fundamentals for Cisco CCNA
7. Route Redistribution
Overview of configuring route redistribution on a Cisco router:
1. Enter global configuration mode by using the
"configure terminal" command.
2. Enable route redistribution for a specific routing protocol by using the
"router [routing protocol]" command. For example, "router eigrp 1" will enable EIGRP routing protocol on the router.
3. Configure route redistribution for a specific routing protocol by using the
"redistribute [protocol to redistribute] [subcommand]" command. For example, "redistribute ospf 1 metric 10 100 255 1 1500" will redistribute OSPF routes into EIGRP with a metric of 10, a metric-type of 100, a metric-value of 255, and a tag value of 1.
4. Optionally, you can configure a route-map to filter the routes that will be redistributed. This is done by using the
"route-map [route-map name] [permit/deny]" command.
5. Verify the route redistribution configuration and status using the
"show ip protocols" or "show ip route" command.
6. Monitor and troubleshoot the route redistribution by using the
"debug ip [routing protocol]" command.
Please note that the above steps are a general overview of how to configure route redistribution on a Cisco router running Cisco IOS.
8. Route redistribution between EIGRP and OSPF