Routing Fundamentals for Cisco CCNA
9. Route Redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP
To configure route redistribution from OSPF to EIGRP on a Cisco router, you would use the following steps:
1. Enable the appropriate routing protocols on the router by using the "router eigrp [AS number]" and "router ospf [process ID]" commands.
2. Configure the redistribution of routes by using the "redistribute [protocol]" command. For example, to redistribute OSPF routes into EIGRP, you would use the command "router eigrp [AS number] redistribute ospf [process ID] metric [metric value] [subnets]"
3. Additionally, you can configure filters to control which routes are redistributed by using the "route-map" command. For example, you can use a route-map to only redistribute routes that meet certain criteria, such as a specific prefix or metric.
4. Finally, it is important to monitor the network and make sure that the redistribution is working as expected. You can use the "show ip route" command to view the routes that have been redistributed, and use the "debug" command to troubleshoot any issues.
Please note that the above steps provide an overview of how to configure route redistribution from OSPF to EIGRP, the specific command syntax and configure may vary depending on the IOS version and the requirements of your network.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with Cisco Systems, Inc, and Cisco and CCNA are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems.