Network Simulator 2 (NS2) : Installing
NS2 On Windows 7 Continued
6. Next screen will ask for your Internet connection
type keep it as "Direct connection" and click next and in
next screen choose one site to download the packages and
7. In next screen Cygwin will allow to select the packages
you want to install
8. Uncheck the option "Hide obsolete packages" then click
on "view" button till the word "category" changes to "Full"
To install NS2 you need to select and install following packages:
To select a package search the package name and click on
word "skip" this will change it to version number of the package.
Do this for all above packages and click next to start download
9. Once installation is complete create desktop icons if
NOTE: If you missed any package while installing Cygwin
first time you can install it by running the setup.exe again
and selecting the package in step 8.
10. Cygwin installation is complete now you can run Cygwin
from desktop and see its interface.