5. PS/2 Keyboard Port (purple) :This port
is for a PS/2 keyboard
6. PS/2 mouse port (green):This port is
for a PS/2 mouse.
7. 1394a Port : this port is used to connect
to any firewire device. FireWire has largely been supplanted
by USB. Some professional audio hardware still uses FireWire,
though; you may also occasionally find higher-speed IEEE 1394b
headers, but they are even rarer.
8. Optical S/PDIF Used for sound connections
to home audio recievers or powered PC speakers with optical
9. eSATA port(External Serial Advanced Technology
Attachment): It is an external interface for SATA technologies.
It competes with FireWire 400 and universal serial bus (USB)
2.0 to provide fast data transfer speeds for external storage
10. HDMI Connector(High-Definition Multimedia Interface):HDMI
is a digital interface for transmitting audio and video data
in a single cable. It is supported by most HDTVs and related
components, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, cable boxes, and
video game systems.
11. DVI (Digital Visual Interface) connector :
It is used to send digital information from a computer
to a digital display, such as a flat-panel LCD monitor.
12. North Bridge : The northbridge typically
handles communications among the CPU, in some cases RAM, and
PCI Express (or AGP) video cards, and the southbridge. Northbridge
is directly connected to AGP video, thus providing higher transfer
13. South Bridge : The southbridge is one
of the two chips in the core logic chipset on a personal computer
(PC) motherboard, the other being the northbridge. The southbridge
typically implements the slower capabilities of the motherboard
in a northbridge/southbridge chipset computer architecture.
A southbridge chipset handles all of a computer's I/O functions,
such as USB, audio, serial, the system BIOS, the ISA bus, the
interrupt controller and the IDE channels.